Los Angeles or Santa Monica, California
Chrysalis is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a pathway to self-sufficiency for homeless and low-income individuals by providing the resources and support needed to find and retain employment.
A critical member of the Development & Communications team, the Director of Individual and Corporate Giving reports to the Vice President of Development and Communications and is responsible for managing a multi-faceted portfolio of individual and corporate donors. The Director is responsible for a $1M+ portfolio that is in the midst of a growth phase with expected double digit increases over the next five years. The Director works with the VP of Development & Communications to achieve annual revenue goals and to find unique ways to engage current and perspective funders as well as to create a long-term pipeline for individual donor engagement. The position is a key team member in establishing a series of new opportunities to engage donors in the mission of Chrysalis.
VP, Development & Communications
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
• Meet annual revenue line item budget for individual and membership giving
• Manage a specific portfolio of donors at various levels of giving capacity
• Manage and grow current portfolio of corporate donors
• Play a key strategic role in developing systems for donor identification, solicitation, tracking and upgrading
• Work with VP to identify creative and innovative strategies to achieve development goals
• Work with Director of Marketing & Communications to develop compelling outreach pieces for donor engagement
• Work with Director of Special Events to coordinate donor cultivation events throughout the year
• Work with VP of Development to launch a series of new membership groups to further develop a pipeline for individual donors
• Review all giving data and make recommendations on strategic categories for donor recruitment
• Use Raiser’s Edge to track all data related to individual donor pool
• Provide general support to the Development & Communications department as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Three plus years working in a key function within a fundraising department, preferably managing a membership/donor group
• Proven success is building relationships and securing funding
• Effective Writing and Communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
• Strategic thinker
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge
• Experience with Event Planning
• Self-motivated, independent with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships
• Valid California Driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college
How to Apply
SUBJECTS: HUMAN SERVICES
JOB TYPE: DEVELOPMENT/FUNDRAISING